conferences for the engaged
For printable CFE Brochure CLICK HERE.
(Please set your printer to "flip on short edge." Please note that there are 2 sections to be filled out. We cannot process the registration if both are not filled out.)
- The Arlington Catholic Diocese requires six months of marriage preparation.
- Your initial contact with your parish priest begins this period of preparation.
- Each couple is required to attend a marriage preparation conference such as a Conference for the Engaged (CFE).
- You must currently be meeting with a priest/deacon for marriage preparation in order to register for a conference.
- The CFE program is designed for couples being prepared in the Diocese of Arlington, although it is open to all engaged couples, even if the wedding will take place outside of the Diocese.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE FOR THE ENGAGED
- The CFE program is designed to stimulate reflection and discussion on key aspects of marriage and family life.
- Topics include: Marriage as a Sacrament, Communication, Marital Intimacy, Natural Family Planning, Parenting, and the Church & Christian family.
- Presentations are offered by married couples, priests/deacons, and marriage counselors.
- The Diocese offers two different CFE programs: One based in Vienna, VA, which is a single day program offered on 16 different Saturdays each year. The other is based in Woodbridge, VA, and is offered on three consecutive Thursday nights, multiple times each year.
- Both programs satisfy the conference requirement. Please select only one of them.
- Vienna details: Conference is located at Our Lady of Good Counsel 8601 Wolftrap Rd., Vienna, VA, 22182. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m., program ends by 4 p.m. Couples are invited to participate in the 8 a.m. Mass. Continental breakfast and lunch are provided. Cost: $85 in-diocese couple, $100 out-of-diocese couple
- Woodbridge details: Conference is located at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, 12805 Valleywood Dr., Woodbridge, VA, 22192. Check-in begins at 7pm and program ends by 9:30pm, three Thursdays in a row. Snacks provided. Cost: $50 in-diocese couple, $65 out-of-diocese couple.
- A Certificate of Completion is given to the couple at the end of both conferences.
- A second union is a marriage in which one or both partners have been widowed, or have received a declaration of nullity with freedom to marry from the Catholic Church.
- We offer conferences with a component designed specifically to address some of the challenges that couples entering a second union will face. (Unless otherwise noted, all Second Union CFEs are held in Vienna.)
- If you or your future spouse have had a previous union, you must attend a Second Union CFE unless directed otherwise by your preparing priest/deacon.
- Couples getting married for the first time may also attend a Second Union CFE. You will just not attend the Second Union breakout.
- Print and complete the PDF registration form (download below).
- Choose which CFE program you will attend, then indicate your top 2 date preferences.
- Second Union couples must choose second union-included conferences, unless directed otherwise by their clergyman. (Again, couples entering first unions can attend a Second Union CFE as well.)
- A completed registration form and the appropriate registration fee must be received before your registration will be processed. Mail-in registrations may take up to two weeks to process, and conferences fill-up quickly, so please submit your registration at least TWO MONTHS before the desired. conference date.
- Mail the completed registration form with check -- made payable to the Catholic Diocese of Arlington -- or money order, to the P.O. Box on the form.
CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION
After we receive the on-line or mail-in registration request, a confirmation e-mail will be sent with Conference details.
- If you are registered for a Conference but find you cannot attend, please let the Office for Family Life know as soon as possible by calling 703-841-2550 so that couples on the waiting list may be let in. Every conference has a waiting list.
- Transfers may only be done before a conference takes place.
- "No-Shows" will be charged, and will have to re-register for a CFE.
Upcoming conferences held at Our Lady of Good Counsel, Vienna, VA.
|May 18||(Second Union session included)|
|September 21||(Second Union session included)|
|November 2||(Second Union session included)|
Upcoming conferences held at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Woodbridge, VA
|June 6, 13, & 20||Series 3|
|August 1, 8, & 15||Series 4|