In 2004, Bishop Paul S. Loverde established the Office of Multicultural Ministries in the Diocese of Arlington as a response to the pastoral needs of the diocese and to the pastoral letter of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) entitled Welcoming the Stranger Among Us, Unity in Diversity.
About the Office
The Office of Multicultural Ministries seeks to serve all ethnic communities located in the Diocese of Arlington and to serve as a resource to newcomers. We have assisted many immigrants within our diocese to join in parish and diocesan activities that are respectful to their cultures and enrich the lives of the immigrants within our Church.
- Now is the time to pass just and compassionate immigration reform.
Click here to send an electronic postcard to your U.S. Senators and Representatives asking that they pass just and compassionate immigration reform legislation in the 113th Congress.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your parish is participating.
Parishes Actively Participating:
St. Charles Borromeo
St. Francis of Assisi
Our Lady Queen of Peace
St. John Neumann
St. Mary of Sorrows
- Multicultural Ministries in a Minute
Download your copy here.
- Download the Black Catholic Ministries Program's May/June 2013 Newsletter here.
- Download Sisters in the Spirit's May/June 2013 Newsletter here.
- Download the recording of the two Virginia Bishops' letter--Bishop Paul Loverde and Bishop Francis X. DiLorenzo. The recording was made possible by Ánh Sáng Tin Mừng (Vietnamese Online Radio). The title means, The Light of Good News. Portions of the recording are in Vietnamese.
- Read how "Italian priest who translated the Bible into Chinese will be beatified"
- News Release 12-116: Bishops Greet Supreme Court Decision On Immigration With Hope, Caution
- Pope Benedict XVI established an Apostolic Exarchate for the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church in the U.S.
- The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) partnered with The Catholic University of America in developing The American Catholic History Classroom.
- June 15: 3rd Annual Diocesan Multicultural Mass and Cultural Fair at Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Alexandria, VA beginning at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome to attend. Download a flyer for details.
- Every Monday: St. Joseph's in Alexandria, VA hosts an Holy Hour for Vocations. Also, individuals are encouraged to participate in a Novena to St. Joseph.
- June 9, Washington, DC: Archdiocese of Washington, DC's Gospel Choir of Our Lady Queen
of Peace will host its Annual Spring Concert at Our Lady Queen of Peace in Washington, DC. Click
- June 15, Washington, DC: Sisters in the Spirit of the Archdiocese of Washington, DC will host a day of prayer, singing, dancing, story telling, games and more from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Largo, MD. Click here
- June 28-30: St. Joseph Cahtolic Church in Alexandria, VA will host "St. Joseph Women's Weekend of Fellowship" beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 28. Please download a flyer for more details.
- June 2013: “Basic Directions in Native Ministry,” a 7 day institute for clergy, religious, or laymen and women who are entering Native Ministry, or are currently active in Native Ministry, and want to learn more. It will be offered from June 17-24, 2013, at the Sioux Spiritual Center near Howes, SD. Download details and an application here.
- June 29: A Women's Day of Reflection, " Sisters Together-United in Christ," sponsored by the Office of Black Catholics of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond will be held at Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 3300 R Street, Richmond, VA. For more information, contact: Pam Harris, Director, Office for Black Catholics, email@example.com or (804) 622-5104.
- July 13: A Men's Day of Reflection, "Being a Biblical Man," sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond will be held at the Basilica St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception, 252 Chapel Street, Norfolk, VA. For more information, contact: Pam Harris, Director, Office for Black Catholics, firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 622-5104.
- September 6-8: National Association of African Catholics in the US (NAACUS) will celebrate the
Year of Faith at St. Bernadette Retreat Center in Indianapolis, IN. Please download a flyer and a registration form.
- September 13-15, Baltimore, MD: The retreat, "Faith, Fellowship, Commitment," will be hosted by the Oblate Sisters of Providence at Our Lady of Mount Providence Convent in Baltimore, MD. Please download a brochure for details.