natural family planning
Natural Family Planning (NFP) is an umbrella term for various methods of charting a woman's natural signs of fertility in order that the married couple may achieve or postpone pregnancy. NFP methods are inexpensive and can become a normal part of a couple's daily routine and assist the woman in general health awareness. NFP works with a couple's fertility, not against it. Engaged or married couples interested in learning NFP are encouraged to enroll in a certified course of study offered through the programs listed below.
THE MARQUETTE MODEL brings 21st century technology to NFP by using the ClearBlue Easy Fertility Monitor.
COUPLE TO COUPLE LEAGUE teaches the Sympto-Thermal Method.
- For a list of classes and local chapter information, go to www.NFPvirginia.com.
- To register for classes, visit www.ccli.org and click on "Search/Register for Classes." You may contact the 2012 Chapter Coordinator, Jessica Davidson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For a printable brochure click here
- To find certified Creighton Model teachers in Virginia visit: www.fertilitycare.org/virginia.
- NoVa residents may also contact Becky Jordano at email@example.com, (202) 557-1437.
Evaluation and Treatment of Infertility from the US Catholic Bishops
Instruction on Respect for Human Life in Its Origin and on the Dignity of Procreation
by Robert F. Conkling, MD
by Dr. Mary Shivanandan
by the USCCB Program for NFP
by Secretariat of Laity, Marriage, Family Life & Youth
by Theresa Notare
by Juliette Glasow
"In 1968 Something Terrible Happened to the Church"-
Cardinal James Francis Stafford reflects on how dissenters on Humane Vitae tore the Church apart- and how the rift has left scars to this day.