In 2004, Bishop Paul S. Loverde established the Office of Multicultural Ministries in the Diocese of Arlington as a response to the pastoral needs of the diocese and to the pastoral letter of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) entitled Welcoming the Stranger Among Us, Unity in Diversity.
About the Office
The Office of Multicultural Ministries seeks to serve all ethnic communities located in the Diocese of Arlington and to serve as a resource to newcomers. We have assisted many immigrants within our diocese to join in parish and diocesan activities that are respectful to their cultures and enrich the lives of the immigrants within our Church.
- Mark your calendar!
June 15, 2013 will be the 3rd Annual Diocesan Multicultural Mass & Fair. This year the event is at Good Shepherd Parish beginning with Mass at 6:30 p.m. More details to come.
- Multicultural Ministries in a Minute
Download your copy here.
- Now is the time to pass just and compassionate immigration reform.
Click here to send an electronic postcard to your U.S. Senators and Representatives asking that they pass just and compassionate immigration reform legislation in the 113th Congress.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your parish is participating.
Parishes Actively Participating:
St. Charles Borromeo
St. Francis of Assisi
Our Lady Queen of Peace
St. John Neumann
St. Mary of Sorrows
- Lightworks: In response to Bishop Paul S. Loverde’s call to a deeper personal relationship with the Lord Jesus within the Community of His Disciples, the Church, we are pleased to present, Lightworks, a spiritual program to help you rediscover Christ and share your Faith. Contact the Office of Multicultural Ministries for times and locations.
- Click here to listen as Bishop Paul S. Loverde shares a message with the Filipino American Catholic Community of Northern Virginia at the closing 2012 Simbang Gabi Mass.
- Read more about the second annual Multicultural Mass & Fair at the Catholic Herald as part of the World Mission Sunday Diocesan Multicultural Mass and Fair.
- Download Sisters in the Spirit's Fall 2012 Newsletter here.
- Download the recording of the two Virginia Bishops' letter--Bishop Paul Loverde and Bishop Francis X. DiLorenzo. The recording was made possible by Ánh Sáng Tin Mừng (Vietnamese Online Radio). The title means, The Light of Good News. Portions of the recording are in Vietnamese.
- Read how "Italian priest who translated the Bible into Chinese will be beatified"
- Download the August 2012 edition of the Asian and Pacific Catholics Network Newsletter.
- News Release 12-116: Bishops Greet Supreme Court Decision On Immigration With Hope, Caution
- Pope Benedict XVI established an Apostolic Exarchate for the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church in the U.S.
- The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) partnered with The Catholic University of America in developing The American Catholic History Classroom.
- Every Monday: St. Joseph's in Alexandria, VA hosts an Holy Hour for Vocations. Also, individuals are encouraged to participate in a Novena to St. Joseph.
- May 11: Asian and Pacific Catholics for Mary Pilgrimage with songs, sacred movements, Rosary and Eucharist beginning at 1 p.m. at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC. All are welcome. For details, please download a flyer here.
- May 11: The Oblate Sisters of Providence will hold the Mother Lange Guild Annual Recommitment Service on Saturday, May 11, 2013, beginning at 2:00 p.m. at 701 Gun Road, Baltimore, MD 21227
- May 11: "Knights of Columbus and African Descent: Understanding a Complex Existential Relationship in the Catholic Church," Saturday, May 11, 2013, at 3:00 p.m. at Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 3300 R Street Richmond, VA 23223. Please download a flyer here.
- May 18: Maritime Day Mass 2013, Saturday, May 18, 2013, at 12:10 p.m. Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception (Crypt Church) 400 Michigan Ave NE Washington, DC 20017 (located near Metro Red Line – Brookland CUA) Most Rev. J. Kevin Boland, Apostleship of the Sea, Bishop, Promoter, Principal Celebrant and Homilist. Please download a flyer here.
- June 2013: "Year of Faith: Challenges & Hopes," the Asian and Pacific Islander Young Adult Retreat & Workshop will be held at the Redemptorist Renewal Center in Tucson, AZ, June 20-23, 2013. Click here to download a flyer.
- June 2013: "God Has Spoken,' join Black Catholics from across the country at the Lyke Conference in Tinley Park, IL hosted by the Lyke Foundation June 19-23, 2013. The Lyke Foundation cultivates, celebrates, and commissions leadership to develop powerful and effective Black Catholic worship. Click here for more details.
- June 2013: “Basic Directions in Native Ministry,” a 7 day institute for clergy, religious, or laymen and women who are entering Native Ministry, or are currently active in Native Ministry, and want to learn more. It will be offered from June 17-24, 2013, at the Sioux Spiritual Center near Howes, SD. Download details and an application here.
- June 29: A Women's Day of Reflection, " Sisters Together-United in Christ," sponsored by the Office of Black Catholics of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond will be held at Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 3300 R Street, Richmond, VA. For more information, contact: Pam Harris, Director, Office for Black Catholics, email@example.com or (804) 622-5104.
- July 13: A Men's Day of Reflection, "Being a Biblical Man,"
sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond will be held at the Basilica St. Mary of the Immaculate Conception, 252 Chapel Street, Norfolk, VA. For more information, contact: Pam Harris, Director, Office for Black Catholics, firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 622-5104.